The ROOM Phone Booth is comprised of:
- Polyethylene terephthalate (PET): The primary component of all three of our walls, dense PET absorbs internal echoes and enhances speech intelligibility. Each of our flagship Phone Booths use PET made out of 1,000+ recycled plastic bottles, and to date, we’ve repurposed millions of bottles.
- Particleboard: This is the exterior component of our walls, which blocks sound from traveling out of the booth, ensuring that what you say inside the booth, stays inside the booth. It’s lightweight and durable to provide sufficient structure for the booth. All of our particleboard is CARB Phase II compliant.
- Acoustic Felt: Made out of 100% natural breathable wool and no dye added, the acoustic felt provides natural sound insulation and enhances the overall aesthetics of the booth.
- Magnetic Door: We intentionally use a lightweight door to facilitate affordable shipping. Industrial strength magnets on the door also create a strong seal that minimizes sound leakage. Aluminum frame and metal face plate enhance the booth’s overall soundproofing capability.
- Industrial Carpet: Made of 100% solution dyed PET for higher resistance to wear and tear, the carpet is easy to clean with a handheld vacuum.